GPS Car Tracking Devices: Are They Simple To Use?
GPS car tracking devices use some of the most sophisticated software and satellite technologies, leading many people to believe GPS devices are difficult to use. The reality is that these advanced monitoring solutions were engineered and designed with the user in mind. From data loggers that only require the user to "remove and review" to access driving activity, to direct and intuitive web-based and software interfaces that allow driving activity to be viewed in real-time, all of these solutions were designed with you in mind. We make accessing information from any of our GPS trackers simple and easy, and offer free technical support for life for anyone with questions.
Real-Time & Passive GPS Car Tracking Devices: What's The Big Difference?
One of the more popular questions asked by people unfamiliar with the various vehicle tracking products available is what the difference is between a live tracker and GPS data logger. When most people think of tracking devices they probably think of real-time GPS car tracking devices. These devices will track then transmit driving activity reports and vehicle location data in 5 second to 5 minute intervals, depending on the tracking system and accompanied data plan. People using this real-time technology can access and generate graphical and text reports by logging onto our web-based reporting platform, or utilizing our state-of-the-art software that has the fastest map refresh rates in the industry!
Although the majority of people who think of GPS trackers relate them to real-time systems, sales numbers indicate that the type of GPS monitoring devices most consumers and business invest in are passive systems or data loggers. Passive GPS car tracking systems are essentially recorders of driving history, storing location information and driving activity that is easily accessible when the target vehicle returns from their travels. What makes passive car tracking systems special is that they do not require monthly service fees since they do not employ cellular technologies.
Are Cell Phone Car Tracking Systems A Good Solution?
Smart phone technology has revolutionized the mobile communication industry, allowing people to access emails, social networking sites and more while on the go. Many businesses and consumers looking for an affordable and simple way to utilize GPS tracking technology often look to software or apps that can turn a Blackberry Device or other smart phone into a GPS tracker. Although these software tools can provide some useful information, it is highly recommended that people in search for a vehicle monitoring solution invest in a portable or hard-wired tracking system because of the many flaws associated with cell phone car tracking software. These flaws can include:
- Inaccurate Location Data: Many cell phones do not triangulate position via GPS, but rather through the use of cellular towers.
- Easy Manipulation: A large problem with cell phone GPS tracking of teens or employees is that the target has absolute control. They can choose to leave the system activated by keeping the cell phone on, or go off the grid by turning the device off at anytime.
Through the use of a permanent GPS installation or portable trackers with extended battery-life, you can be the person in ultimate control. Not to mention, these tracking systems are much more reliable and come with an impressive range of additional unique vehicle tracking features compared to cell phone car tracking solutions.
What GPS Car Tracking Device Is Right For Me?
With so many vehicle-tracking solutions available to consumers and businesses, understanding whether a live tracker, passive system or cell phone software is right for you may be challenging. In an effort to help in the evaluation process, the GPS Tracking Shop experts have put together some key/essential questions people interested in a tracking device should consider before purchasing a GPS car tracking system.
- Do I need speed alerts to notify me of dangerous driving habits?
- Will I be tracking multiple vehicles as part of a fleet management strategy?
- How long do my vehicle(s) spend on the road before returning?
- How much am I looking to invest in GPS car tracking technology?
- Do you believe your company drivers are moonlighting or doing side work?
- Is fuel consumption reduction something you are interested in?
- Am I interested in increasing the performance of my drivers and the safety of my teen?
- Am I interested in increasing profit and boosting customer service by having unlimited access to every vehicle in my fleet?
- Do I want to save money by cutting wasteful internal spending?
These are only a few of the important questions anyone researching GPS car tracking devices should consider before investing in a GPS monitoring device. Anyone with additional questions or in need of assistance in discovering the GPS tracking solution best suited for their desired application can contact one of the GPS experts at the GPS Tracker Shop anytime. GPS experts are available 7 days a week to help with all of your vehicle management needs.